Newport Beach Spousal & Partner Support Lawyer
We Negotiate & Litigate for Fair Settlements on Your Behalf
Often in marital or romantic relationships, one of the partners or spouses will be providing for the two parties’ living expenses with a higher income. In other circumstances, two people might originally have similar income amounts, but one might need to pause within a career path, or place future goals on hold, in order to benefit the entire family. This is especially common when the couple has children.
When a divorce or a separation occurs, this can create even more havoc in an already conflicted situation. On such an occasion, a spouse might be thrown into a pit of stress and doubt. When this occurs, contact our Newport Beach spousal and partner support attorney. Here at The Law Office of Timothy M. Ghobrial, we can give you a free consultation as well as provide you with sound legal counsel and guidance.
Call us today at (949) 751-1420 to speak with our spousal support lawyer in Newport Beach.
Determining Spousal or Partner Support
The determination of a support or alimony award is based on multiple factors. Some of the following aspects are closely examined to decide both the amount of alimony, as well as the duration.
These crucial elements include:
- The ability each partner currently possesses to maintain the same living standards from the previous relationship
- The amount of work experience and career-related skills for both spouses to begin or continue earning to provide for themselves
- The current level of demand in the workforce for the labor which each party is qualified to do
- Any time costs, as well as education or training costs, which are necessary if a spouse needs to develop for further job opportunities
- The amount of money, time, and effort which the supported spouse has needed to sacrifice by pausing their career
- The extent that one spouse, especially the supported one, has given up their personal needs and desires to help the other spouse out
- The extent that a custodial parent would need to be able to care for children if they were still living at home
Modifications of Spousal Support
Because life is always unpredictable, there may be circumstances where your current financial or socioeconomic situation changes. In the state of California, both you and your former partner are entitled to ask for a modification of the support you currently receive.
For example, you may have become extremely ill and are thus unable to work. Alternatively, your position for a particular role at work has become redundant, so you no longer have work to provide for yourself and any children you may have. In this scenario, you would need to have a judge sign off on your request for modification, so long as you can prove that your income has definitely changed.
Get the Representation You Need
It is essential to always have a knowledgeable Newport Beach spousal and partner support lawyer to aid you with powerful advocacy. Trying to resolve your issues with a private agreement only results in terrible financial and legal consequences, which could have easily been avoided if you had turned to a supportive lawyer from the beginning.
“It is clear and apparent that he truly cares about his clients and is willing to go above and beyond.”- George
“He will give to the world of law a lot that it needs.”- Former Client
“I would highly recommend him due to his dedication and diligence to his clients. Outstanding!”- Regina